The Harrison County Utility Authority is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of the Mayors from each of the five cities and two Representatives from the Harrison County Board of Supervisors.
The HCUA Executive Director and staff are responsible to the Board of Directors for the following:
- Implementation of the HCUA policies
- Management of HCUA revenue and expenditures
- Overseeing the operations and maintenance of HCUA facilities, including monitoring the indedependent contractors charged with these responsiblilities
- Prioritizing capital improvement needs
- Coordinating contracted professional services.
Some of the above tasks are reviewed by the Technical Committee, which is comprised of the city engineers or other technical staff members from each municipality.
The HCUA provides services for Water, Wastewater, Storm Water and Solid Waste operations throughout designated areas of Harrison County.